Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kelly Bender on Texas Wildscapes

In 1999 Texas Parks and Wildlife released the first iteration of its wildly popular Texas Wildscapes: Gardening for Wildlife, a resource for Texans interested in creating native wildlife habitats in the proximity and comfort of their own backyards.

In a recent interview with Howard Garrett, "The Dirt Doctor," Texas Wildscapes for Native Plants Week author Kelly Conrad Bender talks about the new, updated edition of this book (which includes a free DVD), now available from Texas A&M University Press.

An excerpt:
"The biggest trouble I've ever gotten into in my garden has been when I try to outsmart Mother Nature. Whenever I take out one species that I think is becoming a pest, it is replaced by something else that was being held back by that species. . . ."
Listen to the full interview here.

Kelly Conrad Bender

No comments:

Post a Comment